Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced, with wide margins.
Manuscripts and queries should be accompanied by a cover letter, samples of
published manuscripts, if applicable, and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
To speed response time, instead of a SASE we recommend writers
enclose a postage-paid postcard reading:
- ___ Yes, we are interested in publishing (title of ms).
- ___ No, we regrettably have to pass on its publication.
- ___ Maybe. We'd like to hold on to the manuscript for future
- To obtain a sample copy, send a check in the amount of
$3.50 payable to Reform Judaism.
- Word length:
|Cover stories: || 2500 - 3500 words|
|Major feature: || 1800 - 2500 words|
|Secondary feature: || 1200 - 2000 words|
|Department (e.g., Travel) || 1200 - 1500 words|
|Letters:|| 200 words maximum|
|Opinion:|| 630 words|
| Spring 2000|| 11/10/99|
| Summer 2000|| 1/19/2000|
| Fall 2000|| 4/19/2000|
| Winter 2000|| 7/12/2000|
- Payment: $.30/word, following publication.
- Send all articles and proposals to
- Joy Weinberg, Managing Editor
- Reform Judaism
- 633 Third Avenue
- New York, NY 10017-6778
Back to RJ Magazine
To the UAHC home page
Copyright © 2000, Union of American Hebrew Congregations
Most recent update 29 Feb 2000