| (All answers can be found in the Fall 2000 issue.)
- Which rabbinical body was the first to affirm the Jewish validity
of committed, same gender relationships?
- What great Jewish leader was a stutterer?
- What are some of the watershed events in the evolution of Jewish
- What does the Holiness Code (in Leviticus 19) say about the "mitzvah"
(commandment) of how to relate to our elders?
- What does Jewish law say about placing a reluctant parent in a nursing
- What author was sued for libel by a Holocaust denier who claimed
that the mass murder of Jews in gas chambers is a myth and that Jews
were not singled out for extermination?
- Who wrote the song, "White Christmas"?
- What is unusual about "A Sign Upon Your Hand," a Jewish musical
performed at Congregation Beth Israel in San Diego, CA?
- Why is Jacob Schiff generally acknowledged to be the most important
Jewish leader of his time?
- Who wrote: "It is forbidden to be obdurate and not to allow yourself
to be appeased"?
PREVIOUS PUZZLES AND QUIZZES
Back to RJ Magazine
Copyright © 2000, Union of American Hebrew Congregations
Most recent update 25 Aug 2000