- The Presidents & the Jews by Leonard
From FDR to Bill Clinton, which presidents were "good for the Jews"?
Vote Your View And view the vote (interactive!) An RJ Website Added Value
JFK Forgot the Kipah, Nixon Bugged the Office
by Al Vorspan
Recollections of a Reform Jewish actionik.
- Becoming a Blessing by Rachel Naomi Remen
According to my grandfather...each of us has the capacity to uncover the hidden
holiness in all events and all people....
The Quest for Untidy Accommodations by
Peaceful coexistence between Jews and Palestinians is possible, but....
- The Austrian Dreyfus Affair by Deborah
Legendary photographer Philippe Halsman spent two years in an Austrian
jail for a crime he did not commit. Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, and Eleanor Roosevelt all fought for his freedom.
- Operation DP by Rahel Musleah
Three Reform chaplains and a captain who changed the lives of thousands of
Displaced Persons following WWII.
FOCUS: Exotic Lands
- Pilgrimage to the City of Kabbalah by Andree Aelion Brooks
We are among the first groups of Jewish tourists to visit Girona, Spain, where,
duringthe Middle Ages, Nachmanides enthralledstudents with his Kabbalistic
- The Omen by Simeon Maslin
I needed to break the hold she had on me--but I doubted I would succeed.
- Tomorrow Never Comes by Seth Castleman
How to honor an aging mother without exhausting oneself.
- India's Progressive Synagogue by Leon Morris
The JRU blends Indian customs with British-flavored Progressive Jewry.
- Dear Reader / E. Yoffie
- RJ Diary: In Sidney's Footsteps / E. Kleinman
The Inner Life: Snuggling Beneath the Blanket of Years / S. Leder
UAHC & You / B. Levinson
- Significant Jewish Books / B. Fetterman
- Significant Jewish Books
Study Guides An RJ Website Added Value
- Books: Israel at the Crossroads / B. Fetterman
- Ritual: A Women's Circle Under a New Moon / M. Eiseman
- Ask the Author: The RJ Author's Forum
- Spotlight / K. Roth
- Milestones / B. Levinson
- My Opinion: Boycott the Boy Scouts / P. Menitoff
Back to Reform Judaism magazine
Back to UAHC home page
Copyright © 2000, Union of American Hebrew Congregations